*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/324069-Psychology-TAPE-ONE-Its-about-me-pure-and-simple
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#324069 added January 23, 2005 at 12:35pm
Restrictions: None
(Psychology) TAPE ONE It's about me; pure and simple
*Star* Not complete *Star*
"Hmmm, uh... (papers rustling) The clinical approach on this one's going to be hard. (Clearing throat) TRANSCRIBER NOTE: I am a week behind on the documentation of this case. Sorry for the length. And going by notes. BEGIN RECORD.

One, Hannah Simone, "slightly off her rocker"
{Yes, that IS a professional's opinion, although not my own) In good health. Uses prescription glasses. Age forty. She has been under State care for one week. Whether she will be remanded to full incarceration for the period of my evaluation, or be assigned a release and return schedule for our sessions has not been decided yet by the court.

I have been assigned to evaluate her over the next six months. Ahem, STOP TRANSCRIPTION. Excuse me?"

(Barely audible) "_Cornell_have? _retrieved_from her."

"Yes."

(muffled conversation then a pop to the recording as if something has hit the microphone)

"Hanna, you do know it's a Federal offense to steal someone else's mail? Good girl. Thanks. Now go along with the orderly! Connie? Are you at your desk? No more interruptions, please. TRANSCRIPTION RESUME."

"Case folder should be labeled Idaho-Charlie, zero-one-four-eight; submission date January 24, 2005. Subject Simone, Hanna, middle initial D as in David, 'though it's actually Desiree; pretty names given, irregardless of the parents' early neglect...I will ask what she knows about who chose her names at birth. Criminal record: misdemeanor adult charges of harassment via U- S- postal. Progressive misdemeanor to felony charges in shoplifting as a teenager. No violence. No noted intent to harm in dropped stalking charge of two years ago."

"Previous psychological evaluation from the Cantor Valley Health Clinic was uninformative. Hannah's reversion took the form of mute behavior. The act of choosing not to talk was recorded as having lasted for two months. Local case was closed after Hannah selectively opened up at the Social Services Department. Child Protective Services threatened removal of the children from her home.

Her own early family structure, as I have determined, involved her as an only child in a sheltered home life. When I asked Hannah to describe her childhood to me (footnote as hour one), she detailed her surroundings as split between school interactions with teachers, rather than peers, and a chore-intensive home life. Playtime: solitary; Grooming habits: supervised closely by her mother; Perceived abuses: I will question further her frequent mention of 'closet playhouse.' Hannah only notes the father often sat up late at night, and that conversation between daughter and father was in stolen moments when she ventured out of her room after bedtime. Nothing has indicated inappropriate contact between Hannah and her father. Hannah's father is still living, however he suffered a stroke three years ago, and lost a good amount of mobility and all speech faculty.

The mother left suddenly following Hannah's teen marriage in 1985. I have not questioned her further on the topic of her mother. It will likely be a deep source of emotional focusing, which, in my opinion, Hannah is unprepared to move toward.

© Copyright 2005 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/324069-Psychology-TAPE-ONE-Its-about-me-pure-and-simple