*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/324793-A-note-for-myself-about-sleepingwaking
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#324793 added January 27, 2005 at 8:50am
Restrictions: None
A note for myself about sleeping/waking
I want to make note of what I did last night to go to bed, and this morning to get going. Just so I have record of it.

Going to bed:
I gave the cats food and water.
I brushed and flossed my teeth.
I set out my clothes for the morning.
I ensured the coffee was ready to start (I need to turn the timer on it a little forward so it’s ready when my alarm goes off, not starting then).
I sat at the computer a few more minutes and read some. I said goodnight to a friend who was online. I like that part. I like saying goodnight to someone.
I set the radio to where I wanted it, although having it in the next room isn’t ideal.
I laid down and was still (that’s when I was thinking of Jean) and eventually I fell asleep, but I know it took more than an hour. Maybe I should not look at the clock? I’m not that disciplined.

When waking up.
I turned on the light and put my clothes on.
I fed Dusty.
I cleaned the litter boxes, upstairs and downstairs.
I washed my hands at the kitchen sink and poured myself a small cup of coffee in the “Friendly Village” cups. I went up to the computer and sat and sipped my coffee. I turned on the radio, I don’t know what I read this morning. There wasn’t too read, actually.
I shaved, I showered.
I got out, I got dressed, I put a little gel in my hair.
Today is trash day so I got that out.
I poured myself a mug of coffee and I hit the road (15 minutes early).

I think I should keep trying to repeat these processes, particularly the morning ones. Those are good habits. I’m not sure what I’m going to do about the weekend. I need to establish a pattern of getting up at 5 or 6 every day. But I’m behind on sleep, and this weekend I wonder whether it’s better to try to keep the pattern going, or to try to catch up.



It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success. -- Alonzo Newton Benn

© Copyright 2005 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/324793-A-note-for-myself-about-sleepingwaking