*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/325042-Typing
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#325042 added January 28, 2005 at 3:52pm
Restrictions: None
Typing
My latest undertaking is to learn how to type properly. Over the years, through experience, I have devised a system of typing for me that worked pretty well. I use ten fingers, without knowing which finger goes where, but I look at the keyboard.

Since I stopped and thought about what I would write, the relative slowness of my typing hadn't bothered me before. But then came DWC and I needed to write quite a bit each day on limited time.

So, at this late age, I suddenly decided to fix my typing demons. Now that I'm learning which finger goes where, my old way has been messed up totally and my typing has slowed down considerably. Just the hope of future is keeping me going.

Also, I'm finding so many faults that I didn't know I had, like mixing my right hand with my left hand. To top it, I discovered that my fingers have a mind of their own. I don't know why they hit the wrong key while thinking of the right one. And my eyes are so impatient. They look at the next letter or the next word before finishing the job at hand, therefore sending an earlier cue to the brain to mix me up completely.

Maybe the fault isn't with typing, but with my parts that refuse to cooperate with the whole.

© Copyright 2005 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/325042-Typing