*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/325078-The-Warm-Before-the-Ice-Storm
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#325078 added January 28, 2005 at 9:00pm
Restrictions: None
The Warm Before the Ice Storm.
I have so much to do and I can’t focus. They’re predicting a major ice storm for our area. It’s thirty seven degrees. For Macon Georgia, that seems cold, especially with the wind. They say it will get as cold as 28 tonight. Some places are predicted to get 2 – 4 inches of ice. Soooooo…..This is bad for several reasons.
1. I’m working on my book and now I have to focus on getting the house ready for the possibility of no power – oh joy! What fun! no power means no computer.
2. The tournament is being updated, matche times have changed, and my whole weekend schedule is off. At least I don’t have to work so early in the morning, but I’ll be very late on Sunday for sure and very late on Saturday if the weather permits.

3. Because of the weather, we will probably have rain, so when matches do get going, the courts will probably get wet. Do I have squeegees to dry them? Not sure. Ben says yes, but I had to fast track the ordering and I couldn’t order as many as I wanted. So, I have enough; one for every court, instead of two per court.

4. Do I need another reason????

Anyway, I withdrew Laney from the tournament because she is still sick. High school tennis starts next week. Hope she feels better by then. She seems to right now, but every time she has to eat something, she gets nauseous. Did I write this already? Its just that my mind keeps playing it. Over and over, so see, you really are getting a look into the mind of a menopausal mom. I want that shirt…..Menopausal Mom. And then, in parenthesis, just under that, it should say ALL ABOUT ME. Cuz its been all about everyone else most of my life.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/325078-The-Warm-Before-the-Ice-Storm