*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/325149-An-update
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#325149 added January 29, 2005 at 3:27am
Restrictions: None
An update
I've been very lax writing in my journal. Some days, I just can't face reliving the time by writing about what's happening. Some times, writing helps me deal with everything. I just never know.

Sunday wasn't a good day. Robert was cranky and in pain. Then in the evening his blood sugar went sky high (398). Then it dropped to 68. Then it went up to 167. Then down to 70. All evening into the night, it bounced all over the place. In the mean time, his blood pressure started nose diving, too. We both were tired by the time we were able to go to bed and sleep.

Monday, I called the doctor's office and made an appointment for Robert. He was to go on Wednesday. When the hospice nurse arrived Monday, she said his heart beat irregularity was very pronounced. His heart has beating about ten beats then pausing anwhere from one to three beats, then beating a few beats and pausing again.

Wednesday, the doctor said it was better for Robert's blood sugar to be a little high (not that high) than too be too low. The low levels where harder on his heart and aggravated the irregular beats. He told me what to do if the level rose above 300, though. The doctor had another blood test run to check Robert's blood count. Six weeks ago, his hemoglobin count was 9.3. Wednesday, it was 9.8. Normal is 12. And they still don't know why his count is so low.

Stress, of course, aggravates everything. Hmmmm . . . wonder why I had a bad fibromyalgia flare-up yesterday? A bad one really does feel like the flu. I've felt drained all day today.

We had snow and sleet today. The ground was so warm that it didn't stay but melted. The problem is the wet streets froze tonight and will have ice on them in the morning. The weatherman tonight said another storm with more snow/sleet probability will arrive late Sunday night. Brrrr . . . don't like snow, ice, cold. Thankfully we don't have much or for too long.

Tomorrow we'll try to go to Colby's basketball game. Thankfully it's in the afternoon. Then Shane plays Sunday afternoon. If all goes well, we may be able to attend both games this weekend.

Now, I'll say my prayers, count my blessings (for there are many), and crawl into my bed. I had been there for about two hours when the hicups attacked me, causing me to finally get up. Thankfully, they are gone. See, many things for which to be thankful.

© Copyright 2005 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/325149-An-update