*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326187-Short
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#326187 added February 8, 2005 at 12:55pm
Restrictions: None
Short
I’ve got forty-five minutes before I clock in and I’ve shut my door. I hope the phone doesn’t ring. I’m almost tempted to cut it off. Why didn’t I purchase that cheap-ass answering machine while I was at Fred’s last night?

I went shopping for my trip; we went to Pet Smart – Autumn had to buy some stuff for Kovu, then we went to Fred’s, out to eat, and then finally to Walmart. I can’t find any warm-up clothes and don’t have time to do the mall thing. Wish I could sneak away from work today to do that.

Dinner at El Sombrero. M.’s boyfriend treated! WoooHoooo! I totally blew my diet. It’s too hard to resist all those chips and salsa when its just sitting there, staring you in the face and your stomach is growling with hunger. I quickly caved and dove right in, telling myself how wonderful I was earlier, sticking to my diet. And promising to do the same today. I brought a tomato, soy yogurt, and plan to make a delicious soy, banana blueberry shake with my mini blender. I had oatmeal for breakfast, so, things should be fine.

Since Autumn drove Laney home first, the shopping was less stressful. I browsed the isles w/out the usually begging for needless expensive items. But I kept seeing things I thought Laney would like. Of course I didn’t buy them. That would put the kiss of death on them. Being a teenager, anything I even remotely like, she detests. I remember Autumn going through that phase, bringing home a pair of pants I thought was her style and she wouldn’t touch. So, this morning, I told Laney all the things I almost bought for her, just to see her reaction. Some of them, she was glad I didn’t get.

Got distracted with {bitem: Maybe I'll post more at lunch.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326187-Short