*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326233-Chapter-Six
by seetah
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #935207
Caught stealing a wizards money pouch, Theo must work off her debt.
#326233 added February 3, 2005 at 3:45pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Six
CHAPTER SIX

“Eli, were are you? Hulda says to get out of the stuffy library and go exploring.” I yell as I run into the library.

“Stop yelling Theo,” Eli put his arm out to stop me before I run into him. “You’ve made a friend in Hulda.”

“With all the books gone she could find her chair again. She was so happy she kicked me out of the room so she could sit there and enjoy.”

Eli pulls me down the hallway. “Let’s go exploring!”

I stop and yank my arm away from him. “Just a minute, where are we going to explore, all I saw was an empty field.”

“You funny human, this is a wizards house,” he grabs my arms and heads down the hallway, “there is lot of places to explore, like Alfred’s lab.”

“Are you crazy?” I shake my head. “Alfred is there working and I’m the last person he wants to see.”

“How about the cellar that should be scary.” Eli grins wickedly.

“We’d have to pass cook, has anyone gotten by her without getting put to work?” I wonder out loud.

“Good point,” Eli rubs the tip of his right ear as he thinks. “That leaves the attic. I am sure that there are a lot of unique things there. Hulda and Alfred keep everything.”

I lose my hesitation of it being a wizard’s house, “I bet you’re right. Let’s go!” I run down the hallway. “I don’t know where the attic is.”

Eli gives me a shove to get me moving. “Hallway take us to the attic please.”

We stop at a big brown door; Eli grabs the knob and turns it. I take a quick look around to see if anyone has noticed the squeaking door. Eli lights the candle at the bottom of the stairs and begins to go up. I follow the footprints Eli has left in the inch of dust on the floor; it’s been a while since anyone has gone up to the attic.

“Eli are you sure there will be something up here? It doesn’t look like anyone’s been here.” I question Eli.

“What gives you that idea?” ask Eli.

“Can you see Hulda going up these steep, narrow, dark steps?”

Eli looks back at me, “You are right, it is dark on this stairwell.” He mutters something under his breath and a glow ball appears in his hand, he hands it to me.

“How did you do that?” I ask in awe.

“I am an Elf, I know a little bit about magic.” Eli creates a light for himself, “Keep going.”

“I don’t think these steps are ever going to end. I stopped counting at 147. Can you teach me this light trick?” I ask Eli.

“You sound a little out of breath, having trouble climbing?” Eli asks.

I give him a little shove. “I’ll show you.”
“No need to get pushy,” he teases me.

After a few long minutes, Eli stops and with a wide sweep of his arm asks “Is this worth the climb?”

I come up the last few steps; “This is great!” I bend over at the waist and suck in air. Once I can breath again I straighten up and look around.
© Copyright 2005 seetah (UN: seetah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
seetah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326233-Chapter-Six