*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326238-Chapter-Ten
by seetah
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #935207
Caught stealing a wizards money pouch, Theo must work off her debt.
#326238 added February 3, 2005 at 4:24pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Ten
CHAPTER TEN

I wish they would all stop laughing; everything I’ve done in this house has turned to trouble. There is no way I am going exploring again. “We will go exploring again.” Eli whispers from my lap.

“You’re okay?” I ask.

“Feel like a suit of armor fell on me but other than that I’m fine, thanks to you.” His voice is very weak.

“Thanks to me? I’m the one who almost got you killed.” I protest.

“No, you saved me,” he argues.

“Stop arguing. I had to have the outfits dance, if I had left them alone you wouldn’t be lying here hurt.”

“Excuse me,” says a deep voice from the shadows.

I jump up and Eli’s head falls from my lap. “Would you people stop sneaking up on me!” I demand.

“I’m sorry my lady,” this Elf is dressed on in black and bows over my hand. “I’ve listened to your story and you’ve been tested. You were honest and truthful and did not cause harm to Lord Elysia. I judge you to be blameless in this action and admire you for the action you did take. I honor you for the help you have bestowed to the royal family, my people are in your debt.” With that he bows, shimmers, and disappears.

I rub my arm to get rid of the tingling. “Who was that?”

“That was our Protector. It is his job to protect the ruling family, when a member of that family is endangered it is his job to eliminate the threat. If he had judge you to be lying or at fault you would have been punished,” explains the lady.

Right now Ma’am I don’t want to know what the punishment would be, I just want to get out of this dress and visit the cook for some nice warm cookies.” I mumble.

“Excellent idea,” agrees the lady. “Get some food and then go rest, we’ll finish this in the morning.”

Alfred speaks up. “Wait, you have to clean up this mess.” Alfred looks at the lady. “She will have to clean up the mess.” His voice gets softer. “Umm, I guess it can wait till later, go ahead an visit the cook,” he mumbles looking down at his feet.

I head for the stairs but trip over the dress and land on the floor. My guardian Elf leans down. “Let me help you get out of the dress.”

She helps me up and takes off the dress but before I get a chance to thank her I feel a tingle in my arm and I’m in the kitchen looking at Eli across the table.
© Copyright 2005 seetah (UN: seetah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
seetah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326238-Chapter-Ten