*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326254-Chapter-Twenty-Four
by seetah
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #935207
Caught stealing a wizards money pouch, Theo must work off her debt.
#326254 added February 3, 2005 at 4:49pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Four

“In trouble? Impossible, I haven’t been anywhere in three weeks. There has been no one to talk to but you, we haven’t even left this tent because it has been so hot.” I’m confused.

Hulda makes her way to the door. “You might want to take a look outside.”

I go over to the door and let out a loud groan. Outside the sand has turned white. “This is not my fault, please tell me that Rance did the rain spell wrong.” I beg Hulda.

“This has your name written all over it, plus we were talking about snow and this fits the description in the book. No, I believe you did this and I’m glad. It is so much cooler now.” Hulda walks out and rolls in the snow.

I step out and pick up some snow and throw it into the air. I lay down next to Hulda and move my arms and feet back and forth. “This is great.”

“Theo! What have you done now! Yells Alfred as he hurries towards us.

“Stop running, Alfred,” yells Hulda, “you’re going to slip and fall.” Her warning was too late, down on his butt goes Alfred.

“Great, just great, now I’m going to get in trouble for causing him to fall.” I sit down in the snow next to Hulda and wait for Alfred to get to us.

“What do you thing you are doing?” Alfred’s face is very red.

“It wasn’t me.” I protest weakly.

“This is exactly the type of thing that happens when you are around. Now what did you do?” Alfred persists.

“You tell me how I could have done this. You are the one who told the Council that your apprentice doesn’t have an magic.” I cross my arms and look at him.

“Rance is almost ready to be on his own. He’s gotten the hang of the rain spell and has been able to control it for the last few days. Once we get home, I’m going to find that magical item you are using to do magic.” Alfred sputters.

“I don’t have a magical item.” I inform him.

“That is the only explanation. I bet Prince Elysia gave it to you thinking it would be a great joke.” Alfred nods his head. “Yes, that must be the answer, Prince Elysia is joker, but this has gone far enough. I don’t have time to deal with it now.
First I’ll fix this mess then I’ll deal with you two. “ He stomps back the way he came.

“Hulda do you know what he’s talking about?” I ask in confusion.

“He thinks you are helping Prince Elysia play a joke on him. He doesn’t like being the butt of jokes.” Hulda explains.

“But Prince Elysia isn’t playing a joke on him as far as I know.” I pick up a handful of snow and let it slip through my fingers.

Hulda rolls in the snow again. “Don’t worry, from what Alfred told me the Council is making him do three task, by the time he has finished them all he want remember this at all.”

“I hope so.” I pick up some snow and rub it over Hulda’s back. It doesn’t take long, about ten minutes before Rance has it raining instead of snowing.
© Copyright 2005 seetah (UN: seetah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
seetah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326254-Chapter-Twenty-Four