*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326589-Where-Are-The-Words
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #455607
My thoughts on a multitude of topics and a journal of personal activities.
#326589 added February 5, 2005 at 1:05am
Restrictions: None
Where Are The Words?
Sitting here at this late hour in the evening when all is quiet except the hum of my computer somewhere inside of me is this intense need to write. When the world around me falls apart, when individuals or circumstances let me down the writer inside me arises to the front and crys out "Write the words, make them plain." With pen in hand or fingers on the keyboard it matters little because somehow that need must be fulfilled. I cannot eat, I cannot sleep, I cannot find fulfillment until I have written. So I listen to the voice of the writer and sit down to make it plain but where are the words? They have evaporated and are gone. They were here just a moment ago but now they have disappeared. New thoughts will arise, new ideas will come into my mind, new concepts will find their abode. But they too will only stay for but a fleeting moment, then they will be gone like a deer fleeting through the forest. If I don't record them they will be nothing more than a passing memory. But alas if I take the time, only a moment and record them they are mine for keeps. They will become my friends and I will return time and again to spend time with them and learn from them. They will teach me how to be a better friend. They will teach me how to live my life more faithfully. They will teach me how to be successful in business and in personal life. What are these thoughts, these ideas, and where do they come from? They are the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to my soul, my inner man. It is the master gardener planting seeds in my soul. Understanding this, I strive to pay close attention to each syllable - every word, thought, idea. For this is the role of the writer to record the thoughts of the heart, the motives and secrets that lay within. They must come to the front and be preserved for future learning. The lessons for tomorrow are learned in the thoughts and activities of today.

~ StandingFirm ~

© Copyright 2005 standingfirm (UN: standingfirm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
standingfirm has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326589-Where-Are-The-Words