*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/327482-Promptness-and-Efficiency
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#327482 added February 9, 2005 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
Promptness and Efficiency
From plumbers to City Hall, to professionals and the commercials of all companies, we are promised promptness and efficiency. Yet, most promises fall short most of the time. I think what is lacking is incentive.

What would provide proper incentive? Let’s me see. Praise works somewhat, but I believe something more substantial would give better results. So, what about bonuses and fines?

What if, by law, -after the first half hour you wait in somebody’s office- for each extra half hour you could deduct a percentage from the fee? After all, some professionals already do bill you –and rightfully so- if you make an appointment, don’t show up and don't call either. They could also charge you extra for showing up late. Something to consider next time you dawdle around, before an appointment.

What if, each repairman who promises to make a house call and doesn’t show up -and doesn’t call either- were to pay you a fine, according to the guidelines of the law?

What if each worker -at any level, rank, or profession- is given a tax break for not making people wait and or for showing up when promised?

Worth trying, I say.


© Copyright 2005 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/327482-Promptness-and-Efficiency