*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328201-Grrrrrrrr
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#328201 added February 13, 2005 at 5:34pm
Restrictions: None
Grrrrrrrr
YAY! I made my deadline last night, keeping me in the book contest. It sucks though. I mean my book does. No. really. It really sucks. I hate that its out there cuz usually, I don’t set items to be read, rated and reviewed until I am almost finished. Now, I’ve got sixteen chapters floating out there, stinking up my port. I keep reminding myself of my real goals in entering this contest. So far, four weeks in, I’ve already gotten better at what I call Power Writing. Getting a solid plot down quickly.

Names I trip over them. When a new character surfaces, what do I name him or her? I entered a new family when I had to write the Goth chapter. Laney said to name the girl Raven. A cool name, but not believable on my end, so I vetoed that, and several others she suggested.

That is a problem for me, when writing all these genres so unfamiliar to me, how believable are the characters and the plots I’ve set up. Can this story survive the longevity of this contest? Twenty two weeks?

I’m bummed out right now because I’ve been in significant pain for three days now. My sleep was interrupted frequently during the night last night and activities were toned down today. Renee keeps telling me to ask the doctor for pain meds. Apparently, they don’t give you pain meds for nerve pain. Or at least ulnar nerve pain. She has back problems and takes ultracet? Not sure. I’ve tried hers, it does help. But I don’t like being on pain meds all the time. So, I try to deal.

‘I’m super fantastic’ I tell myself, ignoring my pain. Typing it now makes me think of last weekend which brings a smile to my face.

Did I type the super fantastic story already? How I missed the lecture of the opening speaker of the Community Tennis Workshop. Everyone said how motivational he was. Saying you are super fantastic is the first step to feeling that way – then to becoming that way – super fantastic. There’s more to it than that, but anyway. So I missed the lecture and heard everyone talk about it. Then during the coarse of the weekend, I said it. When ever anyone asked how I was, I said “I’m super fantastic.” Everybody smiled. Thereby reinforcing my response.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328201-Grrrrrrrr