*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328977-Peace-Rose
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#328977 added February 17, 2005 at 3:36pm
Restrictions: None
Peace Rose
There, on the side of our house, stands and flourishes a rose bush with a powerful mystique. It was one of the rose bushes the previous owner planted. The others haven’t made it through the years, but this one seems to get stronger and more vibrant with age. Even the hurricanes that stripped its leaves off and broke its branches couldn’t discourage its enthusiasm. Maybe this is because it’s a pink rose and the color pink is the color of unconditional love.

Rarely, if ever, this Peace Pink Rose has been without a flower or a bud. I have to think, as impossible as it may appear to the rigidly logical minds, that this rose bush has psychic powers, for it seems to know when I’ll be getting a young woman visitor with an inner glow, for it comes up with another bud immediately.

My daughter in-law, therefore, always goes out of our house carrying one pink rose or a bouquet, which makes my heart fill with quiet joy to watch my one exceptional gift carrying a piece my other exceptional gift.

© Copyright 2005 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328977-Peace-Rose