*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/329720-Do-the-math-people
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#329720 added February 21, 2005 at 3:28pm
Restrictions: None
Do the math people....
The largest group of people to contribute to Social Security are THE BABY BOOMERS.

The American Government took the money out of our pay checks and from our employers.

The birthrate did not keep up.

In as few as three generations, the birth rate has fallen so far that the government can no longer support itself, so yes, there is a crisis. The problem is not actually with Social Security the problem is that the American government betrayed the trust of the American people by misappropriating the funds.

Ask some of the government bean counters to account for the people who lived, worked nearly all their lives and never lived long enough to collect a dime of their Social Security? Where the money?

What about the people who paid into the system for thirty years and collected only a year of benefits, and then died. Where's the money?

The Bush Buget is cutting funds from the poor, the elderly, and every group from every State in the Union.

If you watch the news, you will see companies reporting record fourth quarth earning in the tens of millions.

The numbers don't add up people... I could go into greater detail, and I probably will later, but first I want you to think about what you hear and read in the news about Bush.

Bush is acting like he has been ordained by God to save the world.

Dear Lord,
Please deliver us from Bush.
Sincerely,
Your Servant,
The Disturbed Critic

© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/329720-Do-the-math-people