*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/331362-Dr-Young-part-2
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#331362 added March 1, 2005 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
Dr. Young part 2
This is all Missy's fault.

I was just telling her that I ALWAYS write my journal entries in word first, then paste them onto the net in case it eats them on the first try to post. And tonight I didn't do that. And I just lost a good entry...

It was more about Dr. Young.

I wanted to write that letter, and i'll post it here when I get it straightened out.

But I said what a good and wholesome man he is, and how the best care he gave Jean was in knowing how to keep her spirits lightened. And they don't teach that in medical school.

And I wanted to make sure this point got added. When I was in therapy the first time, Jackie taught me a "tool" that she used herself and that she taught her four children.

She keeps a box and in the box she places momentos and notes and letters from anyone or any time that she feels good about themselves. And she teaches her children to do that. And whenever life makes them feel down or feel poorly about themselves, she teaches to go to that box, and pull out the momentos, and to remind yourself of times when it was real to feel good about yourself. I think we could all have a box like that and benefit from it. I've got my own one going...

And when I think of writing a letter like this to Dr. Young, or to Minnie, I think of them as my attempt to make a contribution to that box...

© Copyright 2005 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/331362-Dr-Young-part-2