*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/334240-Mistake
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#334240 added March 12, 2005 at 7:44am
Restrictions: None
Mistake
Yesterday, I screwed up at work. And now, this morning at five forty-five AM, I awoke to the thought that I had forgotten to take the single sticks out of my office and leave them behind the counter. OMG. How could I do this? And more importanltly, how was I going to fix it. I jumped out of bed. No luxury of the ritual Saturday morning leisurely wakeing up, no stretching, no laying around thinking creative thoughts for my blog entry, or other entries. No dozing back to sleep. Straight like a shot I was up and moving. ‘Adam!” I thought. I’ll call Adam.

Thank goodness Adam will be working at my tennis center today. Thank goodness he lives south of me and has to pass right by my house on his way in to the tennis center. What a blessing this is for me.

I punched ‘Find” into my phone. He is the first name on the list and I click the key to dial his number. He answers, with a wide-awake tone. “Hello.”

“It’s Robin.” I say, my throat sore and scratchy. “I screwed up.” I jump right in. I forgot to take the single sticks out of the locked closet. The after school group didn’t leave till almost right at six and I was busy trying to clean things up.” This is all true. But the bottom line is, I should NOT have forgotten something so important.

“Can you stop by my house on your way in? To pick up the keys? “

“Yeah. Sure. No problem.” I love Adam.

A deep sigh of relief escapes from my lips. “Thank you soooooo much.”

Boy. Was I lucky?

Well, I’m still sick, which so totally stinks on the weekend. But at least I can take a nap later today. I hope I can get some writing done.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/334240-Mistake