*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/334829-Unfiinshed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#334829 added March 15, 2005 at 5:33pm
Restrictions: None
Unfiinshed
I wrote that stupid entry last night, and I feel better. It’s like need to blow your nose - you feel better when you can finally breathe. (I know, wonderful visual there.)

I came in late cuz I had my annual checkup. Another beautiful image there. But at least I’m healthy. So I get out early and ask Autumn to run by Subway before I go back to work. I forgot to bring lunch this morning.

“Oh my gosh! Mom. I totally saw a drag queen taxidriver. Yep. I did.”

I smile. She’s got awed shock in her voice. It’s funny. She really needs to get out more.

“Yeah, he, she, whatever, looks like that…um…person at Hard Rock Café..” This was the host – slash – hostess who served her and her friend on their trip to Ski Invasion in Gatlinburg. I hadn’t really heard the HRC story, but I got the general idea. Then, she adds, “Well, what he, she would look like in like thirty years.”

Then, she can’t stand it, she picks up the phone to call her best friend. The one who was at HRC w/ her. I hear the one-sided conversation.

“Oh my gosh. M.! Yeah, his, her hair was bleached and plastered. Looks just like the Café dude. Girl. Whatever. Yep. Adam’s apple and all.”

Pause. M. must be responding.

“I know. I know.”

More waiting.

“Well, yep, thirty years from now. He was talking. With a man’s voice, all scratchy from like five packs of cigarettes a day. Yellow teeth. And, it’s the Café dude, chick with the homeless look.” She then begins do describe the outfit this um, guy was wearing. Pants too short, old, faded, poor job of make –up.

Still want to finish this, but my lunch break is over.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/334829-Unfiinshed