*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336152-My-Obituary
by Angela
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #930772
Ramblings from my mind!
#336152 added March 21, 2005 at 10:40pm
Restrictions: None
My Obituary
I had to write my obituary for a writing class. I have never done this and was a little frightened to do so. My fear stems from not living up to what I have written. Oh, and growing old and having no one to care for me. Not having kids of my own poses a problem. There is no one to pick out my nursing home. Of course, I am simply being morbid but I did manage to write an acceptable, short, obituary.




OBITUARY

Angela Cook-Hoekwater died on Tuesday, she was 85 years old. Ms Cook-Hoekwater spent her life dedicated to the craft of writing and is best known for her novel, “Three Strikes,” which spent three months on the best seller list and has been in constant printing since first published. Her greatest pleasure was seeing her work published in ‘The Atlantic Monthly,’ and she contributed as often as she could. Among her other accomplishments was creation of the writing group, The Scribe’s Journey. Through this group, Ms. Cook-Hoekwater helped many young writers become acquainted with the writing journey and achieve publication. Ms. Cook-Hoekwater is survived by her adopted daughter, Natasha, and step-children, Danielle, Robert and Heather.



I hope that when I do die those things I have written will come true, in some form or another. I also hope that it will be longer - more accomplishments. Especially the part about the kids. I probably shouldn't worry about this stuff - I have a long way to go.

© Copyright 2005 Angela (UN: acook at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angela has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336152-My-Obituary