*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336282-My-lunch-card-was-delayed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#336282 added March 22, 2005 at 2:24pm
Restrictions: None
My lunch card was delayed
My arms hurt. Not too bad, but the skin is so sensitive it doesn’t want anything on it. And, I’m kinda chilly, and all I have is this sweater. Which feels scratchy against my sensitive skin. I know, I’m whining. So, I keep pulling off my sweater, letting my arms get some relief, than I get cold. And back on the sweater goes. It’s a vicious cycle. (I know, I’m exaggerating now. But this is MY blog. I can do that ya know.)


I never did get to use my lunch card. Carl was here all morning long and has just recently left. He gave lessons, then, killed time between lessons and a meeting. I updated him on staff, bids for supplies, and the USA Schools Program. He chatted with me about my two-handed forehand. He’s not my coach – at the moment, so, I was getting free advice. YAY for me.

So now, all the matches have been cancelled. Some are being made up tomorrow. I suggested an earlier start time as I already have three programs scheduled on the courts. After school, public school matches and Special Olympics. They said yes. It’s actually Laney’s school. She has to play a really tough match. A girl who plays Sectional and even National tournaments. I kinda wonder why she is even playing high school tennis here. It’s not like in Atlanta, where the competition is good. But, whatever. I like the team, and I’ll see lots of my friends tomorrow.

I am sooo ready to go home. Actually, I need to go to the mall. Plus, I want to get my ear cuff put back in. It fell out during Christmas and I just haven’t made the time to re-do it. So, when I say ready to go home, I really mean, ready to leave work and go shopping and stuff. Oh hey, a trip to Victoria Secret is due too.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336282-My-lunch-card-was-delayed