*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336490-Quotes-and-Such
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#336490 added March 23, 2005 at 12:03pm
Restrictions: None
Quotes and Such
You can tell, I've been to the library again this weekend, since I have a book in my hands right now, by Jan Karon, called " A Continual Feast: Words of Comfort and Celebration, collected by Father Tim."

Father Tim is a character, an Episcopal Priest, from the writer's novels. This is the quotes journal he's kept, most of it in handwriting and others as facsimiles, which is a brilliant attention-getting ploy by the author.

Looking through it, I thought of my saved quotes and laughed. I guess real writers keep their quotes together to publish them in a book.

In my case, my quotes are all over the place: in small pieces of paper stucked in pockets or books; here and there, inside half-finished note-books; inside the writing pad in my purse; in scratch-pad computer files I use to write drafts of whatever I write; on the corners of cocktail napkins (I don't drink, I just save the napkins *Laugh*); and other places I can't think of at the moment. I used to have a quotes file on my desktop but it went to heaven with my old deceased computer and I'll be darned if I make another file for quotes again. I guess I'll be darned sooner or later because the temptation is greater than my resistance.

There are quotes sites on the web, but they don't have the flavor and joy of the quotes of my own keeping, be it haphazardly. I guess, Jan Karon feels the same way, since these quotes are in her handwriting -I surmise.

Here's a quote, which is in one of my notebooks with yellowed pages, that is also in her book.
"You can observe a lot, just by watching" by Yogi Berra. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2005 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336490-Quotes-and-Such