*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336670-Best-Laid-Plans
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#336670 added March 24, 2005 at 6:07am
Restrictions: None
Best Laid Plans
Forced myself out of bed this morning to get things done before going to Nottingham but you know what always happens? Half way down a cup of tea preparing to blog and the telephone rings. Much as I love my friends I suspect they could win medals for talking without stopping for breath. So, all behind again. (The mirror confirms this)

I could have another good moan about yesterday's events and petty squabbles but instead I'll stick with the positive and say I've been really touched by the time and encouragement given to me by a fellow member of this site. Thanks again D.... not sure about mentioning names!

Had a really weird dream last night in which I was in bed with my first boyfriend (and his wife! lol) when my second boyfriend (who is now deceased) walked in. I knew I was going to find it difficult to explain the situation. Don't need to look far to see where the 'jealous' theme comes from but why the guilt on my side? This is what I resent so much at times; that I am made to feel on trial and found guilty for things that ordinary people do all the time without any hassle. Said I wasn't going to moan didn't I? (zip up mouth, end paragraph)

Another horoscope analysis. Maybe I do this because there isn't much of any interest to report in my real life.
'Take the time today to consider your physical and mental health.' That will only take a second. Okay, done it - both crap!

'Given your ambitious nature,these are areas that may be neglected.' And how!

'And one really affects the other.' Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

'If you put off dealing with issues or overwork your brain, your physical health will suffer for it.' Okay, someone tell me where my brain's 'off' button is as I have no idea how to stop my brain from overworking. It carries on being busy despite all efforts.

Things like excess weight, addictions and bouts of depression are all indicators that there is a lack of balance in your life.' GUILTY on all three counts.

'See about getting things more in sync.' There's already enough; my sink is full of dirty dishes! Sorry, that's my facetious streak emerging. On my first detention slip (and many more to follow) the reason given was 'facetiousness.' At that time neither my parents or I knew the meaning of the word and had to consult the dictionary. It's still a family favourite so I DID learn something at Grammar school. Anyway I digress.

How do you get more in sync when those around you won't allow you to? Maybe it's a case of shifting the blame but what little time I get to do my own thing is generally spoiled. Hey, I'm moaning again. Going on the train to the city now; if I'd won the Lottery last night I'd soon get myself in sync - call me shallow, I don't care. But bear in mind only my friends on here would get a cut. I now expect to receive a thousand 5 star ratings.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336670-Best-Laid-Plans