*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/337426-Barfing-and-Riding
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#337426 added March 28, 2005 at 2:32am
Restrictions: None
Barfing and Riding
It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success. -- Alonzo Newton Benn

I rode 45 miles today. Last week I did 33, and turned around at the two-hour mark to spare my back. Today, the back was fine, but I didn't listen to that little voice that said "If you don't turn around now, you'll never get home."

It was right. At the 5-hour mark, I started getting nauseous, and sure enough, my body said "Let's see how you do riding and barfing."

Not well.

I had the cell phone so I called a friend to come pick me up. I was 5 miles away from my truck. Had I turned around when the voice told me to, I'd have cut 6 miles off of what I rode - just enough to get me to my truck before I got sick.

Now my body is giving off heat like a furnace, and I can't sleep. I've got a headache behind my right eyeball that's going on 7 hours now. I am a friggin wreck.

I like bike riding and all, but today was insane.
Next week, back down to a decent 20 or 30 miles. I feel lucky that nothing worse than getting sick happened to me.

© Copyright 2005 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/337426-Barfing-and-Riding