*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338473-The-Pope
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#338473 added April 1, 2005 at 11:23pm
Restrictions: None
The Pope
It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success. -- Alonzo Newton Benn

Oh, are you kidding me?

I realize that the last pope died when I was pre-pubescent, and I had zero concept of religion, nor spirituality then. And that pope had served about a month. Or something, and just dropped dead. I guess that's god's way of telling you that you picked the wrong fuckin' guy if I ever heard of one.

But are you kidding me? I go to Fox news and there are throngs of people praying for the Pope.

What?

I think it's pretty clear that when god wants new leadership on what's supposedly "his" church, then BAM!, it happens. (Take that Emeril, you cheap fuck who can cook better than me - BAM! was all you could come up with?)

He's a man, 80-fucking something, and he can't hold his head up straight anymore. Let the guy die and have his dignity. All these people act like he was literally Christ himself, and I just don't understand how people can't see it as idolatry at worst, and paganism at best.

HE'S A MAN!

I give him credit for consistency as a CAtholic, and that's about it. The Roman Catholic church is one institution that has been around too long, does too little good, and has become an oppressor of man in the last 600 years.

Follow its teachings if you wish. They will do you more good than harm.
But follow its people at your mother-fucking peril. They will do you far more harm than good.

© Copyright 2005 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338473-The-Pope