*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339626
Rated: E · Book · History · #956758
Bios about Henry VIII's wives.
#339626 added April 7, 2005 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
Katherine Parr
Katherine Parr was born July 12, 1512. She was the last of Henry's wives. She was the daughter of Thomas Parr of Kendal, a country squire. Katherine's brother was given the title of Marquess of Northampton in 1547.

Katherine was first married to Sir Edward Burough but was widowed shortly after in 1529. Her second husband was John Nevill, Lord Latimer. He died in 1542.

Katherine had considered marriage to Thomas Seymour, the late Queen Jane's brother. She rejected his proposal to marry Henry. {Was he really charming or what? I wouldn't want to be his Queen!}Henry and Katherine were married eighteen months after Kathryn's execution.

Henry's health was declining and she was more of a nurse to him then his wife. She became a loving step mother to his children.

Katherine had an interest in the Protestant faith. She influenced Henry but was considered a heretic. She made a show of her submissiveness to the King when confronted. She wasn't charged. Katherine outlived Henry who died January 28, 1547.

Katherine married Thomas Seymour. She had a son with him and gave birth to a daughter named Mary at Sudley Castle on August 30, 1548. She didn't recover from childbirth and died on September 5. She is buried at St. Mary's Church at Sudley Castle.
** Image ID #928083 Unavailable **
** Image ID #929723 Unavailable **
** Image ID #931082 Unavailable **
** Image ID #953584 Unavailable **

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
** Image ID #953757 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2005 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339626