*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/340112-1001-am-Addiction
by Fig
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #956453
Hope is here. By hope i mean university life.
#340112 added April 12, 2005 at 3:33pm
Restrictions: None
10:01 am Addiction..
I really need to make an update to the smoking entry i made awhile back. Smoking and drinking are both addictions... addictions which are bad for you. But those aren't the only addictions ... There are alot of addictions in the world today. Some people are addicted to cigarettes, some to alcohol, some to sex, some to food.

Addictions are extremely hard to break. Look at me, I'm addicted to playing games. I'm a gamer, i don't play games for fun, i play them seriously for competitions and tournaments. So, i like to sit down and seriously get into the game. Now, there's a fine line between liking someting and being ADDICTED to it. I don't just like playing games... i'm ADDICTED to playing them. When you like it something, you'll just causally enjoy it from time to time. You could enjoy life without having it for long periods of time. When you're addicted to something, you'll crave it often and if you can't have it your mind will become delusional at times. I would know...

Listen to my current situation. As i mentioned before, i'm a gamer. I go to school at university level, so i don't have teachers, i have lecturers and we have the option of leaving class whenever we wish without any reprecussions. Right next to the university there's an internet cafe that most of the gamers go of the country go to to practice or just lime (hang out). For me that's the ultimate temptation. Every morning i reach to school 8:00am. But my class starts 9:00am. So i could either stay in school and wait or go to the Internet Cafe and practice in a game or play against someone. But the danger with going to the Cafe is that i usually stay over the alotted time and end up in class 10:00 am or later sometimes. It's hard when i reach to school and i'm debating whether or not to go to school or the Cafe. Sometimes i go in school and study/read over some notes or something, but other times i just HAVE to go and play game. I can't control it sometimes. There are also some instances during a class when i'm sitting there listening to the lecturer and i have to leave and go to the cafe for 20 minutes and return to class. Lately i'm beginning to control it and i think a large part of it has to do with writing.com. Since i spend alot of time blogging and writing, it releases some of my stress and i don't have an overwhelmingdesire to play games anymore. Normally i use games to release stress, to just get away from all the pressures of life.... just to enjoy winning.. or just enjoy the overall experience. Other times it IS because of peer pressure. Because i might leave on time at 9:00am, but then someone would give me a challenge and i can't back down from a challenge.. and i would end up staying over time.


***************************************************
^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!
Did anyone realise what just happened there? No one noticed that EXACTLY what i wrote there about the Cafe could be substituted for smoking and it would be essentialy the same? My addiction to playing game is basicall the same to that of smoking!! I do it because i 'say' i have stress and peer pressure. I have bad craving to play games sometimes at times. I can't control it. It puts me in expense at times.... YIP this sounds PRETTY similar to my earlier post on Smoking and why it's dumb to be smoking. So what's the difference with MY addiction and the smoking addiction? NONE. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. THEY ARE BOTH DETREMENTAL TO LIFE AND BASICALLY DESTROY AS A PERSON. You should NOT have an addiction to anything ...well maybe you should... you should have an addiction to eating right, to devoting your life to the man above, to studying, to respecting your parents, to respecting the law and others, to respecting yourself.

So, as rare as this maybe i'm calling myself dumb for saying that people who has smoking as an addiction as idiots. Sure they're still dumb for smoking because that could kill you. But an addiction is an addiction and addictions are EXTREMELY hard to break, whatever maybe. It all depends on the individual and their willpower. Also, having the right kind of friends also help too. Because they steer you in the right direction and shows you right from wrong. It's a proven fact that according to the friends you hang out with, that's how you'll end up being. So, if your firends are geeks, then you're probaly a geek, if your friends are popular, you're probaly popular, if your friends are into drugs.... you're probaly into drugs.

Sigh.... so much to say, so little time. Remember the party i said i was going to? Well all my preaching makes no difference in the real, practical world. Because when you're getting offered free drinks and it's your friend birthday, it's hard to resist. And at that point you're not think you're poisoining your liver and that it's wrong to drink. At that point you're not thinking that if one of your friends has to drive later they might crash and die. You're not thinking that if your parents could see you now they would be extremely disappointed in you. I'm sure by now you could figure out that i didn't make the right choice. I took two drinks, though harmless it still isn't a good thing... i fell into their nonsense and it will never happen again.

That's the difference. I'm not ADDICTED to drinking. So taking a casual drink from time to time won't hurt. But addiction leads to abuse. People out there... know when you're overdoing it and know when you're addicted. When it comes to smoking.... i'm not sure, but in my opinion, once you're doing it, you're considered as addicted to it.

The moral of the story is.... ease up on the addictions... I'm considering the topic of Alcohol has been addressed in this session. Because alcohol is a serious addiction also.

I have to address this topic asap Teens in general today... pt.3 Sex. This cannot be addressed in this session because promiscuous sex is NOT an addiction. Is just damn stupidness. LOOK AT THE AIDS RATE! LOOK AT THE PREGNANT TEENS!! Look at how corrupted society is... look at things like rapes... isn't sex sacred anymore...

I'M OUT PEOPLE FOR NOW!!!! STAY TUNED FOR MORE THROUGH THE EYES OF FLOYD BANKS AND KEEP SPREADING THE WORD! CUZ I''LL STILL BE WRITING!!

© Copyright 2005 Fig (UN: ninja64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fig has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/340112-1001-am-Addiction