*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Writing Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/340473-The-Royal-Wedding
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #940786
What's on my mind....
#340473 added April 11, 2005 at 2:17am
Restrictions: None
The Royal Wedding??
"The Royal Wedding

Britain's Prince Charles Finally Marries His Longtime Love
If Charles takes the throne, Camilla will be queen, but wishes to be known as Princess Consort. (AP)

Decades of Waiting Over
The prince marries Camilla Parker Bowles in a modest civil ceremony and the Church of England blesses the union, capping a long affair that lasted through Charles' first
marriage to Princess Diana."

Giving full credit to AOL and the Associated Press for the above, hoping they don't take offense to my cutting and pasting this here, I ask, is it just me???

Who gives a damn?

Two adulterers finally get married after breaking up two marriages with their continued, blatant infidelity. What is there to celebrate? What is the big deal?

It's not as if his wife died, she got divorced, and they met again and fell in love and got married. They were in love all along, married others, continued to fool around together while betraying their vows. His wife got killed while trying to find herself, she got divorced after the affair revealed her marriage for the farce it was, and then they got married.

I don't get it. Why the fanfare? Are the rules different when you're royal and rich? It seems tacky and seedy at best to me.

I'm glad they finally found true happiness. I think everyone is entitled to that. I'm glad that they have finally achieved what they obviously wanted all along. I don't deny that it's their right to be married to each other, if that is what they desire. Deep down inside, I'm actually happy for them. But is the world supposed to forget all the pain and embarrassment they caused just because he's Prince Charles? Are we supposed to overlook the fact that they made promises before the assembled and God that they didn't keep?

Diana Spencer and Mr. Bowles got played. Camilla loved Charles, but because he wasn't ready to marry when she was, she married another. Prince Charles needed a virgin to get him an heir, so he married or was talked into marrying Diana, while all the time maintaining his relationship with Camilla.

In the end, Diana even lost her life as an indirect result of this line of deception. She wasn't a saint, and I don't think she was anywhere near as naive as she was portrayed. I believe she might have been manipulative and had issues of her own, but I didn't and don't think she deserved what she got from her husband. She was used like some show horse/ brood mare.

I'm sorry, but I find little to be celebratory about in this, at least not to the point that it's newsworthy. I have gone past every article wondering, "Why?" It's old news, moldy and somewhat tawdry. It certainly isn't worth the fanfare the media, and I imagine The Royals, are trying to give it.

Camilla's a consort alright, but a princess? Not in my book. And he's a prince in name only.




© Copyright 2005 thea marie (UN: dmariemason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thea marie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/340473-The-Royal-Wedding