*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341673-1042PM-Dawn-of-the-Dead-quick-entry
by Fig
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #956453
Hope is here. By hope i mean university life.
#341673 added April 16, 2005 at 10:53pm
Restrictions: None
10:42PM Dawn of the Dead quick entry
Wow.... the movie just finished about 1 minute ago and i'm going to make this entry while i'm still riding high on the movie magic.

What can i say about Dawn Of The Dead?? If i knew it was such a good movie, i would've actually gone to the cinema to see it. I was fully satisfied by the movie. I was on the edge of the bed at every scene. Did it live up to its name in the horror department... well.. yea it did. It didn't SCARE me, like there weren't parts where i jumped, but it did have some parts that made me cringe and murmur to myself,
"Ewww...".
It was definitely a good storyline also. I mean, if you don't look back at the previous films before it. e.g. Night of the living dead, return of the living dead etc. The whole thing with some virus coming out of nowhere and the world (is it really the world or just america?)fighting to stay alive was good. There was good character development. You got to see each character for what they represented and you even bonded with some and related to their feelings. You loved some and you just wanted to pelt the remote at others.
BUT! the REAL thing that makes a movie/story good isn't the storyline... no no no. If you guessed the characters, sorry to say my friend you're wrong. What REALLY makes a movie is the ENDING!!!! The ending is ALWAYS what sells a movie/story. And this ending did NOT disappoint. They carried the ending of the movie through the credits (which is rarely done in movie nowadays). That was good and it even left us with a little mystery in the end.
Also, the way how the movie itself was shot, the camera shots, the background settings, the music in certain scenes and also not to mention the good effect done on the make-up was top-notch in my opinion. Hell, there was drama, there was suspense, there was a lil bit of comedy in there, the only thing that was missing was a piece to make you cry (well, actually i think there was a part in there for that, but it didn't make me cry :P. Just call me mr. tough as nails).

Basically i'm telling you to go and watch it. Look it up in your tv guide or rent it on VHS or DVD. Yet, another quick entry gone long. I'M OUT PPLS. TOMORROW IS SUNDAY, SO DON'T EXPECT A LONG POST AT ALL! NO PREACHING TOMORROW! BUT COME MONDAY..... NEW contraversial topics.. SAME old Banks..

© Copyright 2005 Fig (UN: ninja64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fig has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341673-1042PM-Dawn-of-the-Dead-quick-entry