*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342131-Falun-Gong
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#342131 added April 19, 2005 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
Falun Gong
I found so many blog entry reminders that my face is red. I should have turned that off, but when I go away, I always leave a few things undone. Maybe subliminally I forgot to do that in order to make sure I return, as some ghosts do.*Laugh*

It isn't that I haven't been blogging, for I have, except in a note-book, since I couldn't sit in front of a computer for long even if I had found one. Anyhow, I am going to copy an entry or two in here.

"Tonight as we walk to the hotel, somewhere on Fifth Avenue and 42nd street, a group of Chinese people give us leaflets or rather a newspaper of sorts about how the Red Chinese suppress people. That the Red Chinese are anti-religion is a fact, as all rigid suppressive administrations are either anti or inflexibly pro religion.

A girl in a red coat hands me the paper. On top of the paper it says "Falun Gong Today," which makes me assume that Falun Gong is a sect or religion. They practice "Qi Gong" -something like Tai Chi. Falun Dafa is the practice of it. The girl explains this to me. She has a very pretty face and she's so young. Her youth makes me question -inside myself- how she came to her conclusions about what she believes in, with such little experience and time in her life; but then, all sects, religions, and dogmas catch people young and early.

To brainwash youth is easier; plus, it has side benefits. Youth is passionate, intense, and the elements do not have such negative effects on their bodies as the older people. Youth defends harder what they believe in. Probably, that's why some governments send the young minors to their armies.

I thank the girl and assure her that I'll visit their website. She has been a good soldier."

© Copyright 2005 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342131-Falun-Gong