*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342565-1210PM-Abortion
by Fig
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #956453
Hope is here. By hope i mean university life.
#342565 added April 21, 2005 at 12:33pm
Restrictions: None
12:10PM Abortion
Ok... today's topic is Abortion. I got the idea of writing on it from Jack & Bobby last night. Basically a breakdown on what happened in that episode was that a girl who was 16 years old got pregnant, but she came from a very strict religious household. Her parents were devout Catholics and when they found out she was pregnant ordered her to marry the person who made her pregnant. When the parents found out who the father of the child was they kicked her out the house. The girl then went in another state or town or something for an abortion.

Now abortion is a very serious issue. And i know i'm not equipped to tackle it just yet. Because it would mean i actually have to go and do research and read up on stuff and have to get facts from both the religious side and the medical side. So, i'm just going to put my little 2 cents for now. I'm neither for or against it. Surprisingly i'm just in the middle.

Abortion has its pros and has its cons. I'll go more into the major arguments for it another time but for now i'm just going to put some of the smaller ones. The pros of abortion; it gets rid of unwanted children, keeps down the birth rate, could help to reduce poverty levels. The cons of abortion; the whole religious aspect of it (it is unholy etc. etc.), complicated deaths, complications in surgery could lead to after-effects. Then there's the whole argument about pro-life. Is the baby alive when it's the abortion is happening?I really need to do my research here and answer that because i'm not sure if it is or isn't. But most people have the opinion that you're taking away a life by doing that. So, it's basically the same as having a 1 month old baby and taking a knife and stabbing it to death.

Has anyone reading this ever seen an abortion process or read about it? I remember when i was younger i was reading a Christopher Pike book. Can't remember the name right now, it was '***** 2'. I seriously can't remember the name, but it had this particular part in the book where the girl was having a baby, but she wanted an abortion. So, she went to a clinic and had it done. Now at a young tender age as mines i was shocked that Mr. Pike went into EXACT details as to how the procedure goes. I got really upset reading what was done. My hands are trembling a bit as i'm writing this. I could still remember. It's burned into my head now. I'm not going to write what it's like cause i'm pretty sure Writing.com would kill me for it. But for all you adventurous people out there go out on the interntet and do a lil research on it. If the abortion process is really how it was described in that book, then i'm very sorry for all the ladies/girls who has to go through with it. It's not pleasant at ALL.

Before i finish off today's segment i just want to leave you with a popular argument FOR abortion. If you were 17 years old, got pregnant and you have no way of supporting your child and the father ran off/doesn't want to support or help you in any way, wouldn't abortion be a valid option? Not only would it prevent unwanted children, but it also saves you the embaressment of a being a teenage mother. Now the argument AGAINST abortion comes in. So, if abortion was legalised then teens and adults too could just have unprotected sex how much they want and just have an abortion anytime they get pregnant because once they have the money it'll be such a simple process. And instead of just 'tying their tubes' (you know what i mean by this), you could just have abortions until you're really ready for your child.

I don't know where i stand on this at all... i'm neither nor or for. I'm out for now ppl... stay tuned for the next show..

© Copyright 2005 Fig (UN: ninja64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fig has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342565-1210PM-Abortion