*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342837-More-of-the-same
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#342837 added April 22, 2005 at 5:25pm
Restrictions: None
More of the same
Robert keeps having those small strokes. The past three days, he has had one after another, but they are over before I can get him to the ER or call an ambulance. The hospice nurses say for him to rest more and use his oxygen. Fine, good advice, but one of the side effects he experiences is a restlessness and a need to keep active, as well as being thoroughly confused and irritable, or as he says, "almost mean." He says he realizes what is happening, but it's as if he has no control over anything. Then after the seris is over, he will be unable to stay awake.

We just realized something. Wednesday, when the nurse took his blood pressure, it was elevated, not really high, but above normal. Later that day he started having the TIA's again.

Anyway, life seems to throw us curve after curve.

I worked in the yard a bit yesterday. I can only work for about ten or fifteen minutes at a time, and then maybe three times a day. However, I was able to get some of the raking done.

Today I did some work in the kitchen and vaccuumed the living room. That sounds like so little, but it's all I have energy to accomplish. The whole living room needs to be dusted so badly.

Oh, well, if anyone comes to see us, maybe they'll close their eyes so they won't see the mess and dust.

I'm so confused. I wonder if I have some magnetic properties that push people away rather than pull them toward me. *sigh*


© Copyright 2005 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342837-More-of-the-same