*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343353-the-water-table
Rated: 18+ · Book · Parenting · #953544
The adventures of my nine year old son Jonah, who has autism.
#343353 added April 25, 2005 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
the water table
Maybe it's because he's a Pisces. Maybe because we named him Jonah, like the one trapped in the belly of a whale for 3 days under the ocean. Who knows? But boy, does my kid love the water.

When he was an infant I took him underwater in my Uncle John's pool and he was happy as a fish. (Of course, I only took him under for a moment, but actually I could have kept him under for more than that -- infant babies have a reflex that allows them to hold their breath automatically underwater)....when I was considering a water birth, I found out all kinds of interesting things about babies and water!

I wanted a water birth so badly. It just didn't work out, what with me being Beta strep positive, and then needing all the intervention, the pitocin, the 59-hour labor, the 2 echocardiograms, the 3 hours of pushing, and the c-section! *Laugh*

But perhaps he somehow felt my desire to give birth to him in water -- for he has loved the water ever since. I am going to scan and post a bunch of photos of him at different ages, and I will include a few of him as an infant, swimming with me in my father's apartment complex pool. He adored it!

In school today, for sensory play, they brought out the water table. He loved it so much that before they could catch him, he climbed right in! They had to change every piece of his sopping wet clothing. *Wink*

The he came home and took a nappy for me, like a good little angel, so momma could come here and type!

*Flower2*











"Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried."
         ~ Mae West (1892 - 1980)

** Image ID #750081 Unavailable ** 218143218143
** Image ID #868365 Unavailable **














© Copyright 2005 winklett in the woods (UN: winklett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
winklett in the woods has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343353-the-water-table