*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345153-Sick
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #956430
Here I am!
#345153 added May 4, 2005 at 11:38am
Restrictions: None
Sick
I took to the water the second day of the week, wanting to swim, to relax.

I had no idea it was Fire Time.

I felt surrounded there, in the water. One splash from the other side of the ropes, and I began to sink. I moved to a shallow part of the water, but the sun was so bright, glinting off the water like a million flashlights in my eyes, blinding me. I was falling asleep, so weak was I.

I got out, and sat down on my towel, not far from the water's edge. I felt panicked as if I was in battle and surrounded on all sides. But there was no one to threaten me. I couldn't understand why I would feel that way.

I felt like the skin on the top of my skull was slowly being pulled up, as if someone was tugging my hair at the temples. My head ached terribly, as if I had just been struck in the head, and I was still adjusting to the shock.

I had to go home. I knew that. I couldn't afford to have anyone help. They'd just make it worse. So I went home.

If I'm right, I shouldn't be seeing water for another 2 months. That way, I'll be safe.

© Copyright 2005 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345153-Sick