*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/346274-Which-is-Worse
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#346274 added May 9, 2005 at 10:39pm
Restrictions: None
Which is Worse?
Autumn has ringworm. (Sorry Autumn for announcing it to the world but you already knew I would.)

Laney climbs into the back seat, “Oh my gosh! Autumn, what did you do to your back?” she says with a touch of ‘eeewww gross’ in her tone.

Autumn twists her neck around and drops her right shoulder forward, trying to get a look

I glance over at her, “You have ringworm.” I confirm.

“What? Oh no!” Autumn cries. ‘Some kid had it on his face at daycare and they said it wasn’t contagious. Are you kidding?” She looks at me pleading with her eyes. She wants me to be kidding.

“Nope.” I say. “It’s ringworm.” I’ve raised two kids. Plus, I worked in the school system for many years. I know ringworm when I see it.

Autumn teaches dance, and tumbling to with a group called The Joy of Movement. They visit daycares and give instruction.

Autumn is horrified. How could she have ringworm. She jumps on the phone to call all her co-workers to let them know. “Check your entire body.” She tells them, “Cuz it was on my back and I was wearing a t-shirt when I got it.” (Like it mysteriously jumped on a covered up part of her body, crawled under her clothing and latched onto her skin. There’s no way she could gotten it on her hand and then scratched her back.)

So, Laney, the baby sister can’t resist. She makes fun of Autumn’s contagious skin.

“Shut up Laney! Or I’ll touch your arm wit my contagious ringworm.”

“Fine.” Laney strikes back. “I’ll just scratch my diseased pink eye and touch your face.”

Then, they enter into this debate; which condition is worse.

Personally, I’m glad I have neither.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/346274-Which-is-Worse