*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/350427-Just-an-eye-blink-away
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#350427 added May 30, 2005 at 9:20pm
Restrictions: None
Just an eye blink away.
I saw my muse last night. Granted, it was in the middle of a dream. A day dream at that, not even a sleep dream. But I saw her…

I was lying across the bed long ways. Drifting in and out of my thoughts was a couple of comments a friend of mine had made to me about my writing. Initially, I was insulted, even though I knew he meant no harm. Why am I so sensitive? Also woven in there were the usually flashes of destructive self-doubt lines. Why does it always come back to this? Can’t I ever move on?

So, in between all this silent emotional drama, I saw her. A glint of an image. My thoughts ran after her. Into the bar, I went, shoving some young couple standing in the doorway. ‘What was she doing in here?’ I asked myself as I entered, seeing her leaning over a pool table. Was that a cigarette hanging between her lips?

“Robin!” I yelled. She’s my muse and yes we share the same name. “What the fuck?”

She never took her eyes off the cue.

I stopped short, the nicotine invading my nostrils. It finally hit me; “Okay, so now I get it.” I said out loud. My head returning to reality.

What he meant, about my writing, my muse, and where I could go. This isn’t the first time I am thanking him for insight and inspiration.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/350427-Just-an-eye-blink-away