*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351672-Chapter-3
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #977724
Peter gets shot in a highschool shooting, and dies, and experiences death and life after.
#351672 added June 5, 2005 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3
"They split up, because of me... because I died!" I shouted to Ben.

"Well what do you think you’re going to do about it?" Ben said as he looked at me across from my mothers hospital room.

"I don't know... Is there anything I can do?"

Ben smiled at me with a strange look in his eyes. He nodded as he looked at his hands for a moment and they glowed slightly and he gently pushed the doctor’s glass of water off the table. The glass slowly swayed on the edge and the water over taking the balance the glass tipped over and the water poured on the floor as the glass bounced on the floor. He looked back at me with a smile, "You could do stuff like that... and you can try to control bodies, but thats pretty hard..."

"Hmm..." I thought about it for a moment. "I don't know that I could bring them back together with just that... Can I control their minds?"

"No"

"Well crap! I know it's not my fault… that they split up but I do want to do something about it..."

"Peter! Relax you're dead and they are alive!" Ben yelled that as if that would calm me, "Y10ou may want to do something for them and you can but do realize you are in two different worlds!"

"... ok..." I had to try to consider what he said. Two different worlds; living and dead... "Well... show me how to move objects then."

Ben smiled and looked back at his hands again and said, “Well you won’t have a lot of strength with this but you focus your form where your hand is. It becomes... thicker and won’t go through things as easy." Ben made his hands glow again as he picked up the glass and sat it back on the table with the water still sitting on the floor. "Now you try, Peter."

I threw my hand in front of me and tried to 'focus'... nothing happened.

"Try pushing up against the wall and try not to go through it."

I looked up at Ben as he said that and had to wonder if I could ever do that...

I waved my hand through the wall and felt the walls insides. Then I began to touch the outside of it without going through and this time I tried to form up around my hand. I pushed my hand against the wall and it slowly sunk into the wall and I had to wedge it back out... "Wow." I said aloud as I was relieved to see it actually work.

"I'm sure you will get the hang of it... if you’re going to be playing 'the guardian angel' job!" Ben laughed and I grinned slightly.

I looked towards my mother once more and I walked towards her. It appeared she was sleeping peacefully. My hand glowed again as I carefully pulled the curtains around the hospital bed.

"Doctor?" No answer.

"Oh... I thought she was asleep..."

"Oh, the window must be open..." she said to herself, "NURSE!" She yelled out suddenly. In a moment there was a girl there, but not a nurse! It was a beautiful girl with long, dark red hair. "I think my windows open, could you close... Rachel? What are you doing here?"

"I came to see how you were doing, I talked to Paul and he told me where you were... he told me what you said." she looked at my mother with such care but mom looked worried as Rachel mentioned her husband. "Don't worry Suzanne; the doctors aren't letting him come in."

"Well good; he's the last one I want to see!" I frowned as my mother said that and Ben laughed...

"Well, I need to tell you something. But I fear this is a bad time." Rachel said. I began to approach her but Ben held me back...

"A bad time..." My mother repeated Rachel’s words with much thought and a tear fell down her cheek and mom smiled real big. Rachel could tell mom knew what she meant. I on the other hand, was clueless.

Rachel went up to my mothers bed and sat on the side of it and held my mothers hand that was restrained to the bed. They both smiled at each other as they stared into eachothers eyes.

"Suzanne, now that you know. You can't go around trying to kill yourself. I... we need you."

I was a bit lost at her words... what does she mean?

"The doctors intend to keep you here for a few weeks and if they don't think you’re ready to be released in the world yet they will put you in an insane asylum." My mother nodded to what Rachel said.

"Okay, I understand. I'll be here for you..." My mother said.


I was completely lost, but glad. Rachel had taken my mom from her suicidal depression to having a purpose again... whatever purpose that was... it was good!


“I’ve figured it out, Peter!” Kris came running through the hospital halls shouting those words, “I have figured it out... Peter!”

“Kris we're over here,” He finally found us and walked through the walls into my mother’s cell like room. “What have you figured out?” I asked him.

”I think I know what this is. I think there is a reason we’re still here and I think there is a heaven and hell!” I looked at him and I wasn’t sure what to make of his words…

“We’re in a limbo sort of thing! We have a chance to change where we go! We have things we need to fix before we leave this world!” Ben and I were quiet; I didn’t know what to say… “Ben can’t go anywhere until his father gets put in prison. I am probably going to hell but that might change if I can help Kathryn! Josh has to set things right with all the peoples lives he screwed up. You… you can’t go anywhere… until your moms… sane again.”

“Really?”


Steve H.
© Copyright 2005 Steve H. (UN: stevehurl88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Steve H. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351672-Chapter-3