*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351923-Washington-DC
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#351923 added June 6, 2005 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
Washington, D.C.
I was back in my Doll Room the other day and I found a coloring book of Washington, D.C. in the drawer of my display case. My mother never let me color in this coloring book. She told me that it was special. She's right.

I opened the book and there was the Capitol on the first page. The Capitol is nice. I remember seeing it years ago when I was eight years old. We never got to go inside it. The same with the White House. It was closed the one day we were there. My parents, grandparents and I stood at the gates and just looked at it. I suppose it's a nice but I don't think that I would want to live there.

I really love the Washington Monument. It is so tall and you can go to the top and look out the windows. The Potomac River and cherry blossoms are really beautiful. The Lincoln Memorial. It is so neat to see a giant golden statue of Abraham Lincoln sitting in a chair. I have always liked President Lincoln. He deserves his own memorial.

Arlington Ceremetery is so neat. The soldiers keep watch in shifts at The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Seeing the eternal flame on President Kennedy's grave is something special to see. I always liked him and I was so sad when he was killed all these years ago. My parents and I had saw him in person at Andrews Air Force Base when Dad was stationed there and we lived in Camp Springs, Maryland which is next door to Washington, D.C..

I really enjoyed the Smithsonian Institution. It is a cool museum. As soon as you walk in the building, there is a big African elephant that was alive once but is now taxidermed. He is spooky looking but he should never have been shot. I liked the miniature model of the Disney Castle. There are mannequins of all the President's wives wearing their Inagural dresses. I liked seeing these, too. I haven't been there since I was ten but these displays are the ones that I remember and enjoyed seeing.

There are so many things to see in Washington, D.C. but these are the ones that I remember seeing. I suppose the Nation's capitol has changed over the years. I am 40 something now and would like to go back someday. Finding my old coloring book of this city bought back a lot of memories.
** Image ID #976283 Unavailable **
** Image ID #969352 Unavailable **

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.

© Copyright 2005 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351923-Washington-DC