*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/355006-Is-this-what-it-was-all-about
Rated: E · Book · Relationship · #791494
I write, ending the 20-something's, learning to love along the way.
#355006 added June 21, 2005 at 6:13pm
Restrictions: None
Is this what it was all about?
For years I wrote and I dreampt and I dreampt of writing some more. I had more of a love affair with writing of love than I had actually been given with that 3 year relationship that taught me everything. Everyone knew by the look in my eye that I was in love with him. And everyone knew who he was and how little he had to offer. Everyone knew I was waiting and alone, that I cried over a song on the radio or a sunset that reminded me of his eyes, daily. Everyone knew but him. And it was with him that I discovered a need to write and through him that I found the courage to share some of it. It was becuase of him that I discovered that tiny unguarded corner of my heart that had not been overgrown with the hard shell of fear and bitterness and I began to nurture it. It was because of him that I learned to love and became so willing to do it, that I can recognize it today, where I find myself in a relationship that contains TWO people for a change.

Creativity is the willingness to express emotion and the ability to explore it without perfection.
© Copyright 2005 L Mckiernan (UN: lrmckiernan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L Mckiernan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/355006-Is-this-what-it-was-all-about