*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/356006-Summer-Session-2
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #976498
Zee Journal!
#356006 added June 26, 2005 at 3:44pm
Restrictions: None
Summer Session 2
So, today is my last day of freedom for school until I finish my degree. I was forced into taking a semester off due to a problem with medical records last semester and now I am jumping back in at the Summer Session, from which I will dive right into the Fall and onward towards my degree.

It's kind of weird to go back to school. I can understand why people suggest never taking a break. When you are working a full time job and you get school off your shoulders you find yourself groaning a bit. Although, it is far better than life without a degree.

A tidbit of school related events is a post card I received in the mail yesterday. It reads:
By special invitation from
THE NATIONAL SCHOLARS HONOR SOCIETY

Now, for most, this might not seem like a lot, but to me it means the world. Back in High School I was that kid that would sail through school with C's and sit and say, "High School isn't important." A lot of it came from my home life and everything else, so I wasn't exactly the over achiever. Since I enrolled in college though I have been the opposite. I am an 'A' student with the occasional 'B' and I bust my ass because college is very important to me.

I'm not sure how they work, but this came in the mail for me. I didn't apply to them. They invited me. That is so awesome it makes my head want to explode. *Pop*


© Copyright 2005 The Shawnshank Redemption (UN: gurusariff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Shawnshank Redemption has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/356006-Summer-Session-2