*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/356065-Laneys-Tournament-at-Healy-Point
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#356065 added June 27, 2005 at 11:47am
Restrictions: None
Laney's Tournament at Healy Point
Laney won the back draw! YAY Laney! She got a bye and played well her first match – in the main draw, but lost. She won the second set, forcing a full third set but lost it 4 – 6. I was happy she played well. Then, after dropping into the back draw (consolation round) she played horrible. However, she still won, advancing her into the finals. Her opponent was a long time friend who beat her last year at this very same tournament. They have played on the same team, as well as against each other. Today, Laney won. 7-6 in the first set and 6 – 3 in the second. I was very proud of her performance. Both girls played extremely well (mostly baseline tennis) but they had great placement. Neither of them seemed to be able to serve well throughout the entire match.

Laney won the back draw in this tennis tournament.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/356065-Laneys-Tournament-at-Healy-Point