*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/356455-High-Speed-At-Work
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#356455 added June 28, 2005 at 6:09pm
Restrictions: None
High Speed At Work
Well finally. After how many months has it been? Since the end of Feb or the beginning of March…and countless harassment emails later, Edmond waltzes into my office and asks,

“Are you highspeed ready?”

Hell no I’m not highspeed ready. But I keep these words to myself. I want Edmond to get me there – the land of highspeed internet service. “Are ya hookin’ me up?” I ask, all smiles.

“Yes.”

I politely remind him about how long its been that he was supposed to be out here. He calmly responds. He knows I’m right, but he’s only one man. And the city has many compies. (only he didn’t use the word ‘compie’ )

He wants to insert a CD, but, I tell him. “Remember, you were supposed to fix THAT for me.?”

“Yeah,” he is still calm. He drags my hard drive out onto the middle of my office floor. Opens it up and says to his assistant – whom I’ve never seen before, “Do we have a machine in the van?”

She says they don’t. Oh great. Now what.

“Well, we’ll be right back.”

I look at him with apprehension in my eyes.

“Don’t worry. We are coming right back.” He assures me.

But I am worried. I can’t touch my compie. No word documents. No excel files. No email. no internet. He better be right back. I mumble something to this affect as he’s leaving. He hears me and smiles. I guess he understands my uneasiness.

I chat with the coaches and players as they come in to get water and stuff – to help calm my nerves.

True to his word, he does come back relatively soon. Thank goodness too.

He installs a new CD – ROM, and the drives for my highspeed and what ever else you need to do to get the compie up and running.

He tells me there is spyware, and he has to download and remove lots of crap. No wonder my compie acts like a POS.

The entire process took about three hours. So far, so good. Keep your fingers crossed for me. If something goes wrong, I’m sure I won’t see Edmond until next February.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/356455-High-Speed-At-Work