*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/356663-Excuse-ME-Mr-President-Worth-It-To-Who
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#356663 added June 29, 2005 at 2:53pm
Restrictions: None
Excuse ME, Mr. President, Worth It To Who?
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/29/politics/29prexy.html?ex=1277697600&en=fb009b2...

Dear Mr. President,

I listened to your speech the other night, and even though I appreciate your wearing a dark blue suit, and light blue tie - the "like me" colors as I have learned, I am sorry, but I just wasn't impressed.

You Sir, are a Statemsn, but your cheerleading of the continued war in Iraq falls far short, in my humble opinion.

Link to full transcript of Bush's Speech:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/29TEXT-BUSH.html?

May I ask, Mr. President, how are you personally invested in the War in Iraq. Neither you or your wife sir have loved ones serving anywhere in Iraq?

As far as I am concerned, I think your job as President of the United States of America is just what it says it is - President of the United States of America. And as our President, sir, I respectfully ask you to explain to me in detail exactly why are American Miliary in Iraq? Please do not waste my time with wordy explainations concerning how spreading Democracy and Liberty is the ultimate goal, especially when you, sir, have authored, and supported legislation that takes away personal liberities I once enjoyed. You and your supporters certainly appear to me to be the biggest threat to Democracy in this counrty.

It appears to me that you're asking that I forget about the reasons you gave for this war in Iraq. It also appears, sir, you're asking me to ignor everything and anything that you ever said or did before anyone every suspected that you would put America into a war with Iraq.

I am sorry Mr. President, but you're wanting me to forget will not make me forget, and neither does this latest speech provide me with any new information that justifies you for putting my son, and so many others loved ones in harms way.

I ask you again, Mr. President, to explain to me how the war in Iraq is worth it?

Wouldn't it be better if you devoted as much effort to taking care of matters of State right here in America?

In reality, I guess it would be unfair to just pull out of Iraq, but how is staying in Iraq going to benefit everyday, working American citizens?

Just today, in the news there is a tremendous amount of coverage concerning State Department failures to include known criminals on government sponsored Terrorist Watch Lists.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/29/politics/29passport.html

Please, Mr. President, will you just explain, after nearly three and a half years after the planes hit the Twin Towers on Sept. 11, how to justify why America is not any safer today than it was then?

Why is it taking so long to compile one simple list of names of known criminals, and allow that one simple list to be shared by everyone that has the slightest need to have a copy of the list? Why?

I am sorry Mr. President, but I am not in awe of you as President, so you can just stop the cheerleading propaganda campaign in support of the War in Iraq.

I do agree with you, when you say that American needs strong leadership, but I just don't believe, based on what I have witnessed thus far that you, and most of your admistration has America's best interest at heart.

http://www.public-i.org/bop2004/report.aspx?aid=199&sid=200

http://www.fas.org/sgp/congress/2002/041102reeves.html

http://foi.missouri.edu/polinfoprop/bushdisputes.html

Mr. President, would you please explain why you buried the creation of the Sunset Commision in the Federal Budget legislation?

http://www.theocracywatch.org/bush_sunset_rolling_stone_apr21_05.htm

No, Mr. President, I have absolutely no faith in you as President of the United States of America, and there is not a soul to blame for my feelings but yourself.

You, Sir, are a dangerous and misguided man, and it is my fear that history will finally list an American President, you sir, as a most evil despot in the last hundred, or so years.

I am ashame of you, and what you, your family, and those you call your friends have done to America thus far.

Sincerely,
The Critic




© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/356663-Excuse-ME-Mr-President-Worth-It-To-Who