*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/357337
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#357337 added July 2, 2005 at 6:41pm
Restrictions: None
Great Grandma's Memories
Great Grandma died about 22 years ago. Mother inherited a big brown oak trunk of items that were Great Grandma's. There are old fashioned hats in colors of navy blue, black and purple with the hat pins still attached. She has several leather photo albums that were decorated with red velvet covers with roses, birds of different colors and other flowers. Some of the albums were green and blue. She saved tons of pictures. She has black and white pictures of family members who had lived long ago. Her father was a good looking man. There was one of my grandpa when he was a teen-ager with his black and white puppy that resembled a collie dog. Grandpa was even wearing a dress when he was three years old. There were pictures of Great Grandma and Great Grandpa with Jack Russell dogs, sheep dogs and goats. Great Grandma had also saved cards, newspaper clippings and pictures of cats and dogs. Great Grandma was a scrapbooker herself. She would have loved to scrapbook in this day and age. She done a dynamite job with what she had.

I remember how she loved to cook. She watched every episode of Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons. We used to go for walks together in the woods and pet all her cats. I do miss her. The trunk is at my parents house and once a year Mom and I go through her photo albums that she left behind. I hope someone will cherish all of mine someday like I do Great Grandma's. You would be surprised what kind of memories scrapbooks and photo albums leave behind.

** Image ID #953431 Unavailable **
** Image ID #968482 Unavailable **

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.

© Copyright 2005 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/357337