*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/358660-Sphincter-in-the-mind
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#358660 added July 9, 2005 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
Sphincter in the mind
I'm a little bummed that I waited too long to renew my account and I lost some of my writing. Nobody to blame but myself. I don't think I printed the work, but I'll have to go on a bit of a scavenger hunt to make sure. Oh well. The pieces weren't all that great, (but they were still MINE!). *Frown*

I'm going to think of this as a fresh start instead. I need to get some new pieces up and running to replace the old ones. The only problem is that I think I have a disorder: sphincter of the mind. Now, maybe you haven't heard of this before, but I assure you it's a nasty thing (which is why I had to use the word sphincter--nasty connotations there!).

Ok, let me see if I can explain this to you. It's kind of like creativity constipation. I don't know where all these ass references are coming from, but this is what happens if I don't monitor myself.*Blush* Unfortunately, when I monitor myself, my writing tends to be dull and uninspired.

There is a slight difference between creativity constipation and the sphincter of the mind disorder. The constipation means you're stopped up, just not flowing, right? *Sick*

Now, for those of you who have made it this far into this disgusting analogy, the sphincter problem is that I have a hard time letting loose with the creativity! Those who know me might say I'm a little controlling. I try to make my writing too ordered. Because of this, I stifle my own creativity. I KNOW THIS!! The good news is that I'm beginning to recognize when I do this, and to combat the problem, I'm probably going to end up writing some ridiculous things until I find the right balance. I bet pot smokers don't have this problem. Grrrrrrrr. *Angry*

© Copyright 2005 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/358660-Sphincter-in-the-mind