*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359719-Snags
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#359719 added July 13, 2005 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Snags
Thought today would be laid back and easy. It was, up until around 4:00. Cliff had to take his car to the shop, they're not going to get the part needed till tomorrow, he needed a ride home.

Normally, no big deal.

Today...yucccccchhhh

Driving through downpours, not able to see past 10 feet ahead, until I got off the interstate. Thank goodness, it cleared up some then.

So, I've been bitchy all evening. I don't know how he deals with that on a regular basis. Guess you get used to it if you have to. Of course, on the way home, he drove and the sun stayed out. Then too, he doesn't do the round trip all at once.

I'll be doing the round trip all at once tomorrow at 6:30a.m. too, since he can't very well drive both cars home. Please let the weather be reasonable...

Other snags, my computer. I'm to the point of wanting to take everything off and put everything back on. Something programmed to cause invisible pop-ups to sneak into the computer's system and multiply itself, or multiply something. I feel like I need to restart it about every 30 minutes, just to clear out the...what do you call it? That list of stuff that shows up when you press control-alt-delete, programs that are running and it's asking you which one you want to "end task" "wait" or "cancel" about? If I've had my computer on for any amount of time, there are anywhere from 5 to 20-something invisible IE pages. I can close them all down one by one if I catch it before there are more than three or four, otherwise it's quicker to just restart.

I suppose I need to make sure everything (and by everything, I mean my word documents) is backed up on a flash drive or a disc or....something, then remove everything and start from scratch again. Grrrrrr. Maybe I'll have time to do that tomorrow, or at least most of it.

So, yeah, I don't dare spend big chunks of time on this thing...there are still journals and a couple of in-and-outs that I like to keep up with, if I don't have time to keep up with anything else. I usually check those, then come here to tap some keys.

Something pleasant in the clacking sound of typing on a keyboard. Auditory stimulation? Something pleasant in seeing ink or lead fill a line, too. But I'm not going to ramble on about writing. Not right now.

The IE pages are probably blobbing all over that dialogue box by now.



J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2005 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359719-Snags