*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360692-Chapter-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #912450
Alex must save her sister from being initiated into a gang of thugs.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#360692 added July 19, 2005 at 12:36am
Restrictions: None
Chapter One

I sat in the back of the ambulance and watched as my new school was burning to the ground. Everything went to hell the moment we moved here. When my dad died in a car accident my mom couldn't keep up with the bills and take care of two teenage girls, so we had to sell the house and we move in with my grandparents.
I had just finished loading my last two bags in the car. My sister, Kelly, was saying her last good byes to one of the many boyfriends she had.
"Are you ready girls?" Mom said as she locked the door to the house.
"I'm ready, but I'm not sure about the princess over there." I said.
"Kelly come on!" Mom shouted.
Kelly gave the boy a kiss and then ran up to the car.
I looked at the shed where my dad kept his guns. We use to go target practicing in our field out behind our house. Me and my dad were close, he taught me all about guns and how to fight. He left the guns to me in the will but my mom wouldn't let me keep them, or so she thought.
"You're going to miss this place aren't you Alex," Mom said.
"Aren't you," was my only reply.
"Well I'm not," Kelly retorted. " I'm so ready for a change."
"Won't you miss your uh.. friends," Mom said refuring to her many boyfriends.
"I'm sure I'll make more friends."
"Stuck on yourself much," I said.
"Funny. Can we get going please."
"Right away your magisty," Mom replied. "Your chariot awaits."
And with that last remark we were off to my grandparents. It took us a couple of days to get there but when we got there my grandma was there on the front porch waiting for us.
"Hello," Grandma said as she came off the porch to greet us. "You all must be tired."
"Hi Mom."
"Tammy you are looking so thin, are you all right?"
"I'm fine Mom. How have you been?"
"Oh we're just fine," Grandma replied. "Phil, Tammy and the girls are here."
Grandpa walked out the front door wiping his hands off on a towel.
"Hey kid, how you doing?" he asked as he gave my mom a hug.
"We're hanging in there Dad."


© Copyright 2005 Lady Livak (UN: livak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Livak has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360692-Chapter-One