*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361310-Rock-Bottom
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #993305
A journal about my life with a compulsive gambler and drug addict
#361310 added July 23, 2005 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
Rock Bottom
I survived my mothers death but I was in shock for a very long time. We had so many things to be thankful for, so many little miracles and it gave comfort but there was still pain. Three weeks after her death my husband was acting very strange. I knew he was desperate but I was just so exhausted I didn't have the strength to deal with it. That was a mistake that I will always regret.
He left one morning for tires and a few hours later I recieved a call from the RCMP asking alot of questions about my car. I knew it was strange but had no idea what to think.
Later that evening I recieved a call from my husband. He was in jail for the night because he had grabbed an elderly ladies purse and in the struggle she had fallen.
He was charged with robbery and the next day I went out to pick him up. He looked like death.
I was shocked, angry at him and myself, consumed with guilt and felt like my body had been slammed against a brick wall. For two days I laid on the sofa too devastated to do anything except exist.
He was different then, he was mellow and so eager to do anything he could to make my life easier. The next months were very stressful with court dates etc. In the end he was sentenced to 8 months of house arrest followed by a curfew and then probation. Some of you may think that it wasn't enough but I don't have the energy right now to agree or disagree with you.

© Copyright 2005 LadyCobra (UN: starr68 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LadyCobra has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361310-Rock-Bottom