*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362078-Chapter-5-Premiere-Confessions
by Amanda
Rated: E · Book · Teen · #989694
With a name like Porsha Star Taylor,I thought i had to be an actress, until I met Calvin
#362078 added December 20, 2005 at 12:29am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 5: Premiere Confessions
When we arrived at the theatre, flashbulbs were already going off like crazy. Josie was staring in awe at the various celebrities through the tinted limo windows. Calvin ahd remained pretty quiet the whole trip there and I had too. Josie pretty much chattered on enough for the two of us.
Before we got out, I warned Josie and Calvin about the cameras.

"Just hold your head up and smile, oh, and just ignore all their questions,"

They both nodded as Lionel opened the door for us. Just as I promised the cameras went crazy when they saw us. The questions went flying like crazy!

I already had at least twenty people ask me and Calvin if we were dating. Normally, I just blew off questions like that without a thought, but this time they caused me to blush profusely.

Grabbing both Josie and Calvin, I dragged them through the sea of reporters until we were safe inside the theatre.

They were both still reeling from the experience outside. The manager of the theatre came up to immediantly and greeted me. I told them that Josie and Calvin were my guests and he looked unhappy.

"We had actually hoped you would bring your parents when we said you could bring two guests," He then lowered his voice, "Better for publicity, you know,"

I narrowed my eyes at him. I knew that was implied when I was given the invitation. I didn't care though. "Nevertheless, Mr. Jones, I brought my two friends and we intend to enjoy the evening. Unless, you wish us to leave, and I'm sure that wouldn't be good publicity for you either."

He stepped back and swallowed. "Yes..yes...of course..." He waved down a waitor and gave us three flutes of water, "Enjoy the evening, please,"

When he left, I turned to Calvin and Josie, "So, guys, what do you think so far?"

"Well it's different..." Calvin began.

Josie broke him off, "Different? It's GREAT! I saw at least 10 celebrities out there! And I think I caught David Gallagher looking at you!"

"Oh, Yeah, he's been after me for a while," I said dismissing it. I hated dating celebrities.
"Come on guys, lets go on it, and get good seats!"

We went on into the theatre and took our seats. We were the first ones there so had time to talk before the movie started.

"So have you decided what your new 'Before and After' project is going to be?" Josie asked me.

I shrugged. I hadn't thought about it.

"I don't know yet. I want somthing different then everyone else's. Like yours!" I said, indicating Calvin.

"Well, mine wasn't to hard to find. It was my backyard!" He said chuckling slightly.

It was good seeing him smile.

"Well, all that's in my backyard is 5th Avenue," I said wryly.

"I help you work on it tonight," he said rather quickly, then added, "if you want, I mean," He looked at at shoes, which apparently had become very interesting at that moment.

"Well, I hope I'm not manipulating you into helping me..." I said mock-innocently.

He gave a grin and said, "Naw, I'm offerring this on my own will!"

I smiled and looked at him. Then suddenly, my shoes, too, became deeply fascinating.

"Well, um, yeah, I'll help you brainstorm ideas too!" Josie said uncomfotably, sitting between us.

People were beginning to enter so we put our conversation on hold so Josie could stare in awe at the various celebrities she missed on the red carpet.

The movie was ok. I wasn't really paying attention. I couldn't stop thinking about my mother said eariler that night.

I hadn't even considered my parents or my career when I decided to make this change. Connections and fakeness was part of my job! If I stopped having those things, how would that affect my occupation?
And my parents? They raised me this way. THEY were raised this way. Can I change all that?
Is the only way quitting being an actress?

The questions plagued my mind throughout the movie. When it was over I called Lionel and he came to pick us up and take us back to the penthouse.

Josie chattered on about how many stars she mat that night, how many had asked he for her phone number, how many had given her theirs.

I smiled at all her idol chitchat. I'm glad she was happy. It was the least I could do for showing me the error of my ways. And she hadn't even tried to do that!

When we got home, we all immediantly changed into more comfortable clothes. As it was only 9:oo we had plenty of time for talking and 'nice lessons'.

We all sat on my bed and began to chat. We covered everything from school to parents, from future plans to past memories. I learned how to get homework turned in on time, how to pass time in detention, how to get a teacher to like you(offering discounted tickets wasn't an option) and other various tips that they'd learned throughout the years.

I found it facinating, all the things I'd been missing out on! I learned that all my fake attitude would get me was fake friends, and other hard truths. I had no idea I was being such a brat! Both didn't hesitate to mention all the times that I'd snubbed them both, and others, in the hallway. I didn't even know I'd been doing it.

It hurt, but I know I needed it. I can't even imagine all the people I've hurt in my lifetime, if this was just school!

At about 12:00 Josie nodded off and stretched out my bed, breathing quietly.

Calvin and I glanced at her and I motioned for him to follow me. I grabbed two blankets Bridget had left and went out on my balcony. I closed the glass french door quietly and we sat down on the cold cement floor.

As it was fall, the nights had become chilly so we wrapped ourselves in the warm chenille blankets.

"So, this is your backyard, huh?" Calvin said looking out at 5th Avenue below.

"Yep, not nearly as impressive as yours!" I replied, looking over at him.

"This isn't the real New York." He said returning my look.

I gave him a confused look, so he expanded.

"New York isn't about Broadway, and Madison Avenue, and...Bloomingdales!"

A gave a grin.

"It's about the uniqueness and spontaneity and excitement!"

This was the first time I'd seen him excited about anything! He was obviously aquainted with a different New York than I was.

"And where can you find that?" I asked him.

"Plenty of places if you know where to look," He replied, winking.

"Show me," I said without thinking.

He looked thrown for a moment but quickly regained his speech long enough to ask ,"Are you up to it Miss Porsha?"

I laughed at his emphasis and countered with "The question is, are you up to spending a day with me ?"

He grinned and replied with a smile. "I could do that,"

I blushed and turned to stare at my feet.
Why did his looks do this to me? It was rather annoying.

Suddenly I had an idea for my project.
"That's it!" I exclaimed rather loudly, causing a small echo.

"Geez!" Calvin said, "What's it?"

"My project!" I Sat up on my knees and turned to him, in my excitement. "My before and after is my perpective of New York! Before is this..." I gestured at the view from my balcony, "And After is the real New York!"

He gave a knowing smile and replied with, "Don't worry, if anyone asks I tell them it was your idea,"

"Hey!" I cried, while playfully punching him in the shoulder.

We dissolved into a fit of laughs that went on for a while before I fell back against the railing of the balcony, sitting directly accross from him.

That was a mistake.

He lowered his voice and said suddenly, "You looked beautiful tonight..."

I felt my face heat up again my heart was pounding rapidly in my chest.

"Th..thank you. You looked great too,"

He broke our gaze by looking down buy said, "Yeah I appreciate all the stuff that you'be done for Josie. She doesn't have alot of friends, and I can tell that you're a good one,"

I smiled to myself. "Well, I'm not the only one! She's told me about how you're always looking out for her!"

He continued to stare at his knees but went on anyway, "Yeah, her family was there for me and my mom when we needed it most. I just feel like I'm indebted to her, or somthing."

I was about to ask him what that time was, but a clock somewhre began to 'bong' 2 times, signaling the time, and making us realize how late it was.

"Wow! I had no idea it was so late! We'd better get inside!" I told him, rising and brushing off my pajama pants.

He nodded in agreement and stood up too.

We tiptoed through my bedroom and he followed me to the guest bedroom.

"Tomorrow, You show me the real New York, ok?" I whispered to him, as we stood in front of the room.

"I'll bring my camera. Meet me at Rockefeller Center at 12:00 tomorrow," he whispered back.

I had a dress rehearsal that morning. I could miss it. This was worth it.

"I'll be there,"

We said our goodnights and I went back to my room. I climbed under the covers next too Josie.
Although it had been a long day and I was exausted and it was 2:00 in the morning, sleep didn't come easy. My heart was till beating a million miles per hour and I could wipe the huge smile spread accross my face.

Soon after, however, my tired body won the battle against my brain, and I drifed off to sleep.
© Copyright 2005 Amanda (UN: frenchgirl98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amanda has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362078-Chapter-5-Premiere-Confessions