*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362387-Where-in-the-World
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#362387 added July 28, 2005 at 1:23pm
Restrictions: None
Where in the World
As I sit here at eleven in the morning my time, third cuppa of the day by my side, I just had a thought about what all my blogging friends are doing right this minute. Yes, I do have thoughts now and again, even if they are only Pooh-sized. It's Pimply Sissing down again, it's so dark I need the wall lamps on and I'm expecting a wet golfer to return any minute. But for now, I'm alone and appreciating the quiet, despite the depressing weather. Maybe it's the gloomy morning that's making me pensive and strangely calmer than usual.

I suppose what's triggered this train of thought is my sister phoning from Menorca last night. While she's sweating and sunbathing on a Spanish island, I'm pulling on a cardigan and avoiding going out in this awful rain. Strange, how differently we all spend our time depending on location and weather.

So, I imagine my friends in America are still snoozing, although I know that might not be true as some of you tend to be early risers. Australian friends might just be winding down to go to bed or if they're owls, maybe they're still on here somewhere. Mavis might be in the classroom (Ooops, she won't, the schools are on holiday! Maybe she's visiting in the village or adding to her charming story of life on the canals.)and Forever could be out in the blistering heat of a Greek afternoon. I can only guess, but checking all your b... journals this morning has given me a feeling of peace and closeness, despite all our lives being so different. When I wake each morning these days, my first thoughts are generally about who's made an entry and what will be in my mailbox. My life has altered, turned around and improved due to the simple addition of 'blogging.' Six months ago I couldn't have ever imagined this.

Of course there's a downside, as with everything. I sit more, not good for the intended weight loss! Sometimes I feel bogged down with everything I need to comment on and respond to, I neglect the home more but these are trivialities compared to the pleasure, laughter and companionship.

Today however, I feel fairly up to date and serene. If Murphy or Sod don't put in an appearance I may complete my writing plans for today. I certainly won't be tempted to go out or rainbathe in the garden.

1. Make a blog entry!

2. Manage blog links. Some are not making regular entries. Shortening my list will save precious time.

3. Write to and review lethomson I have made quite a good friend of this amazing girl. She's twelve years old! If you have time, check her out, she's such a talented young writer.

4. Organise and print my favourites.

5. Write! I wrote the first line of a possible novel the other day. That might not sound much but I have been waiting for this moment of inspiration for years! I'm not sure where it's going, if anywhere, but I hope to try adding to it.

So, I'd better move off my backside, do the humdrum tasks and hope the peaceful feeling stays with me. Want to take bets? Have a good day my friends.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362387-Where-in-the-World