*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362953-Driving-me-crazy
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#362953 added July 31, 2005 at 1:45am
Restrictions: None
Driving me crazy
I really like driving. I always have. It's my time to listen to music and sing along (where nobody can hear), and I just find it relaxing and therapeutic to cruise on an open highway. However, I tend to think the road is all mine. Yesterday I realized that I really don't like to share.

*Angry* *Angry* *Angry*


First, I have to do a little venting about the clingy drivers. You know the kind. You work forever trying to get around them because they speed up as you get closer only to slow down as they get nervous about going too fast, and then once you finally do pass, they speed up and attach themselves to you. I hate that. I don't want someone traveling with me who I did not invite! So, I figure they're thinking one of three things here. 1- I have a radar detector (which I don't since I got a ticket the only time I ever used one-it's a false sense of security thing), 2- I'll get pulled over instead of them if we pass a cop, or 3- they just blindly follow people as a natural habit. For some reason, the third possibility irks me the most.

*Angry* *Angry* *Angry*


Next, you have the inconsistent drivers. You end up having to continually pass the same car because they speed up, pass you, and then slow down. I find a reason to pull over to get away from these people. Otherwise, I'm not sure what I could be capable of doing to them.

*Angry* *Angry* *Angry*


Moving on to the conjoined twins. Why is it that when two cars drive side-by-side, they are always going ten miles under the speed limit? I can't imagine that they are oblivious to it, but you do feel a sense of bonding with the other drivers who get trapped with you, so I guess you could see a bright side.

*Angry* *Angry* *Angry*


I just don't understand the lurkers. I can't stand someone driving right next to me. It makes it hard to pretend that no one else is on the road when someone is just there, hovering. I always imagine that whoever is in the passenger seat is just staring dead at me the whole time. Whenever I give an aggrieved look over, of course, there is not even a person in the passenger seat. But, no matter, I feel like they've invaded my personal space when they cruise next to me. I don't want someone joining me without my permission!

*Angry* *Angry* *Angry*


Then you have the expert defensive drivers. For example, the people who enter the freeway from an on ramp going twenty miles an hour. These are the people who never get in an accident but also never look in their rear-view mirror to see how many accidents they have caused. Oh, and they will always brag about their clean driving records.

*Angry* *Angry* *Angry*


I can't end this entry without addressing the cell phone talkers. They can be worse than drunk drivers. Actually, it's pretty easy to mistake one for the other.

I think a lot of deep psychological issues about myself have been revealed through this entry! Anyone else notice the "Leave me alone unless I direct you otherwise" motif???

© Copyright 2005 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362953-Driving-me-crazy