*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363991-My-Wise-ol-Spirit
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#363991 added August 5, 2005 at 6:55am
Restrictions: None
My Wise 'ol Spirit
One thing I should be clear on - the reference to Alzheimer's in my Blog Intro relates to ME. My Dad and Mom both barely qualify for the "senior menu...." Regardless, it's my own mental slack acquired from 3 years of graveyard shift work and, I believe, natural childbirth.

I have several stories in me from the year my Grandfather lived at our place. At 88 years old, he has both a couple endearing qualities and several levels of Dementia, OCD and Alzheimer's. It's amazing how independent and risk-taking he could be while he was staying in his own room at our house. His preference to return to the city which he'd gotten to know for 2 years prior (and the same city where my mom and sister live) was fine with me when the fat hit the fire. I actually faced up to the most interesting perspective: my mom and I too, will slowly slide to ages when his obsessive compulsive mannerisms and Alzheimer forgetfulness is our own.

I've never caught my mom cleaning trash and resorting it for extra "green" points to the mental scorecard - but I admit to it (only sometimes). It's a good view, a wise view, to see something like that so far in advance. I don't know if I can prepare, beyond being happy to know I'm a nut just like everybody else on my family tree.

© Copyright 2005 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363991-My-Wise-ol-Spirit